At the 2018 FINRA Conference this past May, panelists introduced a new version of Web CRD that is going to be unveiled in the coming months. This updated version of the CRD portal provides user friendly tools to make navigating CRD more efficient for both compliance firms and representatives alike. The new web layout will now promote communication and collaboration between a compliance department and its representatives. It will be compatible with different technology including mobile devices, it will promote self-service reporting and will integrate better systems that support flexible data entry.
The following are just several of the most useful improvements to CRD:
- Instant editing for simple changes such as adding state registrations
- Compatibility with phones and tablets along with a 24/7 help desk
- Comprehensive profiles of representatives that allows for quick edits to update profiles
- “Activity Inbox” home page with filtering capabilities that allow for easy reporting and navigation
- Notifications that will alert users of subsequent deficiencies because of an adjustment
- “Self Service Reporting” that allows for sharing and scheduling of reports as well as pre-produced report templates
- “FinPro” gateway which allows representatives to access their own information to sign documents, manage documents, pay FINRA fees and collaborate with their firm on updates
- Comprehensive Branch profile view
- Electronic signatures
The new and improved CRD will allow firms and representatives to easily access and navigate the information that is needed on a daily basis. The new layout encourages a user-friendly process that will allow for changes to be made quickly and easily. Users of the updated CRD will also notice a web layout that is very similar to BrokerCheck along with more interactive images that will make CRD more aesthetically pleasing to users.
Please contact an ARG Analyst with any questions regarding this matter.